Friday, July 17, 2015

So you think you are tough?


Denise, Luba and I arrived safe and sound (literally) at Silver Hill around 5pm yesterday. The trip usually tales 6 hours including a stop at the border and a stop for gas. This time it took 7 hours. The line at the border was long but all our paperwork was in order, so we got through fine. We took a wrong turn though and ended up on I87 instead of I89, so we turned around and then stopped for gas at the junction with highway 11. Went in to discover hot pizza! Got some pizza and left without paying for the gas! Realized this about 20 min later so after checking for a cop car in my rear view mirror, I stopped and phoned them to pay before they put out an APB on me LOL.

We are parked in the small rig parking section at the lower end Silver Hill. 


We settled in, had supper and I rode Luba around camp before the sun went down.

We are camped next to Charlie and Anne. They lent us their multi tool and showed me how to use it to open a can (as my can opener grew legs and went on a walkabout.) They used to backpack until that got too painful so Anne says that was the universe telling her to ride her horse instead.

Anne is riding the 100 and Charlie is running the 100. What could be even more impressive than that? 

Charlie ran the Western States Trail Run aka Freaking Tevis trail just 3 weeks ago.

So you think you are tough? Bahahaha you ain't met Charlie yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment